Atlatl Rock Campground
There is so much to see in the park, I highly recommend staying a few days to enjoy all that Valley of Fire has to offer.
One way to enjoy the park is to take in the landscape and stargazing by camping at the Atlatl Rock Campground.
Named for the adjacent rock formation, Atlatl Rock, with ancient petroglyphs, the Atlatl Campground a year-round campground located an hour northeast of Las Vegas and 5 miles west of Lake Mead.
Surrounded by three red rock walls, the feel of seclusion and privacy is felt when camping at the Atlatl Rock Campground.
There are 44 campsites at the Atlatl Rock Campground available on a first-come, first served basis. For the best chances of getting a campsite, arrive early in the day and if possible, during the week as the campsites fill quickly over the weekend and holidays.
Each campsite includes a picnic table, fire ring, bathrooms, showers, and drinking water… oh, and spectacular views.
Campsites #23 – #44 offer RV hookups with electric and water for an additional fee of $10 per night.
The best time to visit is spring and fall due to brutally HOT summers (over 100 degrees start in May) and winter temperature may dip below freezing.
Atlatl Rock Campground Overview
- Phone: (702) 397-2088
- Campground Type: Organized
- Elevation: Approximately 2,300′
- Number of Campsites: 44
- Handicap accessibility: Yes, sites #6, #15, #34, and #37 are wheelchair accessible and there is a ramp available to access the restrooms and showers.
- Maximum number of cars per campsite: 2
- Maximum number of tents per campsite (must be on the pad): 2
- Maximum number of people per campsite: 8
- Cost: $10 per vehicle state park entrance fee + $20 camping fee per night
- Payment Information: Cash or check only at self-pay stations
- Hook-ups: Electric and water at designated RV sites ($10 surcharge applies)
- Check in and check out times: Check-in time is 3 PM and check out time is Noon
- Use Level: High
- Dogs Allowed: Yes, on a leash when outside vehicle/camper (note, there are no waste bags available)
- Reservations: No reservations, first come – first served
- RV/Trailer Length: 30′
- RV/Trailer Amenities: Partial Hookups Available at campsites #23 – #44
- Cell Phone Service: None
- Wi-Fi: None
Atlatl Rock Campground Location
Directions to Atlatl Rock Campground
From Las Vegas drive 24 miles North on I-15 and take Exit 75 toward Valley of Fire State Park, drive for 15 miles to the park entrance. Follow the signs to the Atlatl Rock Campground
Valley of Fire Address
29450 Valley of Fire Highway – Overton, NV 89040
Atlatl Rock Campground Coordinates
36.416° N, 114.552° W
Atlatl Rock Campground Amenities
- Drinking Water
- Easy access to hiking trails
- Fire Rings
- Flush toilets
- Picnic table
- RV hookup, 50 AMPS
- RV sanitation
- Trash dumpsters
Activities Near the Atlatl Rock Campground
- Special events, check with Valley of Fire Visitor Center
- Wildlife watching
Valley of Fire Resources
- Valley of Fire State Park
- Valley of Fire Visitors Center
- Atlatl Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Beehives at the Valley of Fire
- Lone Rock at the Valley of Fire
- Seven Sisters at the Valley of Fire
- Valley of Fire Group Campground